The Fernie Volleyball Club is excited to run our popular Smashball program again this Fall for boys & girls in Grades 4 and 5.
DATES: 7 hours of on-court sessions across six Sundays Starting Oct 6th and ending Nov 24th (No sessions on Oct 13th or Nov 10th)
- Session 1 – Oct 6 – 3:30PM – 5:00PM.
- Session 2 – Oct 20 – 4:00-5:00PM
- Session 3 – Oct 27 – 4:00-5:00PM
- Session 4 – Nov 3 – 4:00-5:00PM
- Session 5 – Nov 17 – 4:00-5:00PM
- Session 6 – Nov 24 – 3:30PM – 5:00PM
LOCATION: Fernie Community Centre
REGISTER NOW: https://forms.gle/WKxTGv2kDCg6PPycA
SMASHBALL aims to increase participation rates in volleyball through a modified game that makes the sport more enticing by focusing on the sport’s most exciting skill – the spike.
A few basics of the game:
- Lower net and smaller court (usually played as 2v2 or 3v3)
- In earlier progressions of the game, catching the ball and moving with the ball to the net is encouraged before spiking the ball over.
- Early sessions will focus on the spike (armswing and footwork) as well as a basic serve.
- Additional fundamental volleyball skills such as the forearm pass (bump) and overhead pass (set) are introduced during later progressions.
Fee: $70 (basic program) or $95 (includes your own Volleyball for practice at home)
For those opting into the the $95 option, the volleyball provided will a Tachikara Volley Lite ball which is a very high quality volleyball for developing players. ($25 is a VERY good deal for this ball)
A maximum of 24 participants can be accommodated in the program on a first come first serve basis.
To secure a spot, register at the link above and send payment by eTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. (If a password is required, please set it to ‘smashball’). Registration will be closed after the first 24 participants send payment and additional participants will be placed on a waiting list.